Harrie Samaras is a Fellow of both the College of Commercial Arbitrators and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. She serves as a neutral on an ad hoc basis and for ADR organizations including: the AAA/ICDR, CPR, WIPO, and the ICC. In private practice, Harrie represented clients at the trial and appellate levels in intellectual property cases. In the corporate sector, she served as Director of Intellectual Property Litigation for a telecommunications company and as Vice President Intellectual Property, Legal, for a business unit of a multi-national pharmaceutical company. Early in her legal career, Harrie worked as a staff attorney and law clerk at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and as a Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- ADR Office of Harrie Samaras, West Chester, PA June 2009 - Present
- RATNERPRESTIA, Valley Forge, PA 2003 – 2009
- ÉLAN DRUG DELIVERY, INC., King of Prussia, PA 2000 – 2002
- MCI WORLDCOM, INC., Washington, D.C. 1997 – 2000
- LOWE, PRICE, LEBLANC & BECKER, Alexandria, VA 1994-1997
- KNOBBE, MARTENS, OLSON & BEAR, Newport Beach, CA 1990 – 1994
- U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FEDERAL CIRCUIT, Washington, DC 1985 – 1990 (Law Clerk to the Honorable Helen W. Nies, Chief Judge; Deputy Senior Technical Assistant, Office of the Senior Technical Assistant)
- U.S. PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE, Arlington, VA 1983 – 1985
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH, Bethesda, MD 1980 – 1983
For a list of courses see: http://harriesamaras.com/about-menu/credentialing/. Also, Harrie participates in ongoing training through the American Arbitration Association, College of Commercial Arbitrators, ABA Section of Dispute Resolution, and International Academy of Mediators.
- Maryland State Bar, 1985
- California State Bar, 1991 (inactive in 2011)
- District of Columbia Bar, 1995 (inactive in 2010)
- Pennsylvania State Bar, 2003
- Awardee, Sir Francis Bacon Alternative Dispute Resolution Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee – May 2019 (recognizes an individual who has made a significant impact in bringing mediation and other forms of dispute resolution to Pennsylvania).
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2005, ’top rated lawyer in alternative dispute resolution’
- American Arbitration Association (Arbitration, Commercial Master Mediator)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) (Biotechnology, Technology)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (List of Neutrals; Domain Name)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Arbitrator)
- National Arbitration and Mediation (Arbitration)
- U.S. District Court for the E.D. of Pennsylvania (Arbitration, Mediation)
- U.S. International Trade Commission (Mediation)
- Chester County Courthouse (Arbitration)
- For a full listing of associations and leadership positions, see: http://harriesamaras.com/about-menu/leadership/
- College of Commercial Arbitrators (Executive Committee; Board of Directors)
- American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section (Immediate Past Chair)
- Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
For a full listing of presentations, see: https://www.harriesamaras.com/presentations/.